Instead of having to pass a long HTML string on each record, create and save commonly used HTML postcard, letter and check templates within Lob and sync them into your Salesforce to more easily manage mail creation. Synced templates are stored and listed in a table on the Print & Mail Settings page and marked as "Synced".
You can reference synced templates in postcard, letter, and check records through syncing them to picklist fields available on the Print & Mail object. Print & Mail object has the following template picklists:
- Template: values in this picklist substitues Letter File field for Letters, Postcard Front field for Postcards, and Check Bottom field for Checks
- Template 2: values in this picklist substitues Postcard Back field for Postcards and Check Attachment field for Checks
Please follow the Lob standards:
- For any linked assets, you must use a performant file hosting provider with no rate limits such as Amazon S3.
- Use inline styles or an internal stylesheet, do not link to external stylesheets.
- Link to images that are 300DPI and sized at the final desired size on the physical mailing. For example, for a photo that is desired to be 1in x 1in on the final postcard, the image asset should be sized at 1in x 1in at 300DPI (which equates to 300px by 300px).
- The sum of all linked assets should not exceed 5MB in file size.
Templates can be created from your Lob Dashboard. Any parameter that accepts HTML in postcard, letter, or check creation can also accept a template. When creating a template, you need to pass two pieces of information:
- An optional description
- The HTML for your template
There are 2 types of sync available for templates. First, templates can be synced between Lob and PM app, then the available values can be synced to Print & Mail object's picklist field in order to select them when creating new PM records. Sync can be triggered from the Print & Mail Settings tab.
- Select "Lob Settings' from the menu
- Click on the
Sync Templatesbutton - templates available in Lob will be transferred to Salesforce and get listed on this Print & Mail Settings page
- Click on the
Sync Template Picklistbutton - synced templates will appear as "Template" and "Template2" picklist values on the Print & Mail object when new P&M records are created.
Templates can be deleted in your Lob Dashboard. When sync is triggered again in the P&M app, deleted template will be marked as "Deleted" in P&M Settings.