Custom Metadata Types
Custom Metadata Types are used in Veezla apps to automatically install metadata records into your org as many packaged apex triggers use these records. The purpose of this documentation is a reference for these records' functions.
This package has three Custom Metadata Types, namely Address Settings, Bank Account, and Template.
It defines which Address Blocks are used as "Address (From)" and "Address (To)" on the Print & Mail object through mapping these fields.
By default, Address Settings has one custom metadata record, which determines that print & mail works with addresses available on our Default Address Block that belongs to AT package's custom Address object.
- Create new "Address (From)" & "Address (To)" lookup relationship fields on the Print & Mail object and select to which object are they related to. This object will be used as address source for sender and recipient addresses.
- Add these fields to the page layout you want to have them on.
- Navigate to Custom Metadata Types.
- On the All Custom Metadata Types page, click "Manage Records" next to Address Settings to change address mappings.
- On the list of Address Settings records, click New
- Select Print & Mail [cp_print] as Print & Mail SObject Type
- Name the new Address Setting and map the new "Address (From)" and "Address (To)" fields that you have created as part of the first step in this guide
- If the new address source object has more address blocks, type in the Address Object Definition Name of the selected Address Block to the "Address To Block Name" field.
- Save the Address Setting record - Ready to use a new Address Block as source of PM sender and recipient addresses
To get started with sending checks, it is required to setup and verify one or more bank accounts in Lob to send checks from. This metadata defines the available bank accounts synced with Lob that can be used for sending checks. It is correlated to the custom picklist field, "Bank Account", available on the Print & Mail object when Check is the selected Record Type.
Instead of having to pass a long HTML string on each record, commonly used HTML postcard, letter and check templates can be created and saved within Lob. This metadata defines the available templates synced with Lob that makes mail creation faster.